[clue] Crawford has left us in the lurch ? I hope not

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Feb 6 21:54:49 MST 2011

Greg Knaddison wrote:
> Wow, this seems like something best left to a list focused on "admins"
> (or even private mail to Crawford).

Did you vote when we were discussing how many lists to have?  Perhaps giving people visibility into
how CLUE works will inspire them to contribute if someone stops doing what they have been.  Perhaps
not.  Perhaps it means the death of Linux. ;-)

> Wasn't the proposal that when everything got merged people would just
> prefix their messages appropriately?

Some people said that with one list it would be good to put tags in the subject.  That wasn't an
official part of the proposal that won the ballot.

I was happy to handle different audiences by picking a different To: address.  I think it's silly to
have to type a topic that generalizes my subject line.  So I don't plan to write that in the list
info.  Others are welcome to.  Once we see how people are using the list I'll either do like others
are or leave, which seems the polite way to handle such conventions.