[clue] [OT] Comment about contentious subjects

Tue Feb 8 13:26:10 MST 2011

I think it better to handle purely emotional issues off-line. Lots of folks don't have emotional issues, and putting up with others' can be tiresome for them. I don't want to drive off enthusiasts with public bickering.

I agree that the facts (and only the facts) should be known by the interested and affected.

Last, my belief is that disciplinary issues should always be handled as directly and discreetly as possible. I disbelieve in public floggings or "making an example" of a person, no matter what happened.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
RHCE MCT MCSE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freedom is better when you earn it. Learn Linux.

----- Original Message -----
From: "YES NOPE9" <yes at nope9.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:15:58 PM
Subject: [clue] [OT]   Comment about contentious subjects

I see that there is a natural tendency to privatize and possibly avoid contentious subjects.  I believe everyone in the CLUE community is better served by politely publicizing all the facts of an issue.  One of the basic tenets of FLOSS is that data should be free.  This allows considered and careful reflection.  I invite everyone to share their desires , beefs and confusion about this group. I feel it has a great future.

gus in denver   99gus

     [OT]   Off Topic  rants, politics, etc.
     [LINUX]    Stuff about using Linux
     [HARDWARE]   Stuff about Linux Hardware