[clue] Mailing list technical questions

Brad Morgan b-morgan at concentric.net
Wed Feb 9 16:24:15 MST 2011

> The announcement and job lists will be restored. There are no plans to

> restore the other mailing lists.

Can someone please explain to me the differences between one list with tags
and multiple lists without tags?

One reason I can come up with is that maintaining one subscription list is
easier than maintaining multiple lists, but the lists are "maintained" by
the mailman software, correct? Isn't that software designed to handle a
large number of mailing lists with minimal human intervention?

I am looking for a technical discussion. If specific reasons why CLUE
started this debate are added, please keep them technical and civil :-)

I was a member of the job list. Because I live in Colorado Springs, I am a
member of the Pikes Peak Linux User Group. If the technical content of the
CLUE list is high enough, I will retain my subscription.

Regards,

Brad Morgan