[clue] clue Digest, Vol 1, Issue 8

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Feb 9 20:50:03 MST 2011

Bill Slusher wrote:
> hi
>
> not trying to be rude here but the only reason i joined this list was for
> any potential job posts that i may be interested in. is there a way for me
> to just get those type emails and not all the rest of this?

At the moment there is not.

Some people wanted to make it easier to talk to all those interested in CLUE, and to make it easier
for new people to figure out how to subscribe.  Various proposals were voted on.  Collapsing our
lists into one won.

Unfortunately the group doesn't exist primarily to talk about jobs.  It was a nice side effect for a
while but that has become OBE.  If enough people want it back that may happen.

Have you considered that you'll get many more potential job leads by being involved in the group and
getting to know people rather than just reading the few posts that come in?  I know that takes more
time but it's called networking and career advisers seem to recommend it.