[clue] [EVENTS], [TECH]: GSoC for Xorg

Matt matt at osource.org
Wed Feb 9 18:30:01 MST 2011

Hi all,
     Google Summer of Code is approaching.
http://www.google-melange.com/

  I work on the X.org project, which I'm guessing you all are familiar
with.  http://www.x.org

We're looking for students who want to get paid to code this summer.
May 23-Aug 26.  $5000.

We have multiple projects that need help.

Gallium3d,   XML protocol bindings,  openGL, video drivers, automated
testing, ...

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas

All of the ideas on that page are valid, not just the 2011 options,
which, as of this moment, aren't there.  If you have your own X-related
idea,  speak up.  We might be able to get it in.  The deadline for
project submission is Mar 11 but please dont' wait until the last minute.

If you or someone you know are interested, PLEASE either reply to me or
post on the xorg mailing list:  xorg at lists.freedesktop.org (subscriber
only list)

Matt