[clue] Light-table style photo editor?

Darrin Goodman darrin.goodman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:30:05 MDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Matt Gushee <matt at gushee.net> wrote:

> What I need is an interface where I can view a number of large
> thumbnails side-by-side, and have easy access to editing functions.

Matt, have you taken a look at gThumb?  It's a light-weight tool that will
allow you to browse through your images, view a slide-show, and it also
offers basic editing functions, such as: apply color filters, change
brightness/contrast, flip the image orientation, and rotate.  As an image
browser, one thing that I really like is that it does not import your files
into any sort of library -- there is no back-end database; rather than the
software importing your images and storing them somewhere, you get to
determine where your files are stored -- this software does not try to think
for you.
http://live.gnome.org/gthumb

-Darrin