[clue] [TALK] Please hurry up and get CLUE Drupal website working

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Sun Jun 5 19:43:20 MDT 2011

> On Jun 5, 2011, at 2:40 PM, Raymond DeRoo wrote:
>
> Gus--
>
>> I was using it and I would like to continue to use it.
>> Maybe we can have two website  ... the boring static one
>> and a Drupal based site that requires a secret handshake
>> and "open says a me"...   Or CLUE can have n sites where
>> n = Integer[ ( M * I ) - (CFF * CF ) ] **DCF
>>
>> So Chris F , could you help me get logon permissions to your
>> Drupal site so I can enter content ?
>>

> As I seem to recall Chris Fedde posted the results from the "server meeting" yesterday. The "next steps" seem to be quite clear and can be found below. What seems to be missing from all of this is your understand that the drupal based site had very real and serious performance issues. Adding more content to the drupal site is not going to resolve that issue, or make it better. In all likelihood it will worsen things. So if drupal is not the choice made the club, then all your effort was for naught.
>
>>> Web hosting via bluehost was advocated by Shawn. The service is cheap and has few limits supports drupal and mailman. He offered to provide a trial and a set of steps was approved by the group attending.
>>>
>>> Bluehosting evaluation steps are as follows:
>>>
>>> 1 Shawn to provision service and to coordinate with Collins to receive existing Dupal site content and make it available.
>>>
>>> 2 Once Shawn deems the demo site operational  he will notify Dennis and Collins who will do an initial "User Acceptance Test" (UAT).
>>>
>>> 3 On success of the initial UAT Dennis or Collins will let David Wilson schedule a full scale UAT and load spike generation soliciting willing participants in this list to target the site at some scheduled two hour window.
>>>
>>> 4 Following the succesfull full UAT and load test a burn in period will pass.
>>>
>>> 5 After the burn in of a week or so announcemts will be made and a call for members to advise and consent to the new site before DNS changes are made.
>>>
>>> As always I ask for your feedback questions and concerns.
>
>> Who all is or wants to do the round-robin multi-site
>> CLUE website ?
>

> Although this sounds nice in concept, the technical hurdles which need to be overcome for this to actually work are not trivial.
>
> .r

Raymond
I would be happy to discuss with you how CLUE can be run as a multi-experimental club where everybody does what they want and enjoy. In case you were not aware of it, the latest server meeting pre-empts the work that was done earlier on the website and mail-list.  ( see previous meeting notes )  The political heavy-hitters went to the meeting and the direction of the effort changed.   Boom  ..... in a heart-beat ... like the word was laid down.  I chose not to go to the meeting and I think that was wise.  I plan to do my own website fun project.  Maybe CF will help me out .... maybe not .... no problem either way.

99guspuppet