[clue] [TALK] Please hurry up and get CLUE Drupal website working

Matt Dew marcoz at osource.org
Sun Jun 5 21:06:35 MDT 2011

> Raymond
> I would be happy to discuss with you how CLUE can be run as a
> multi-experimental club where everybody does what they want and enjoy.
> In case you were not aware of it, the latest server meeting pre-empts
> the work that was done earlier on the website and mail-list. ( see
> previous meeting notes ) The political heavy-hitters went to the meeting
> and the direction of the effort changed. Boom ..... in a heart-beat ...
> like the word was laid down. I chose not to go to the meeting and I
> think that was wise. I plan to do my own website fun project. Maybe CF
> will help me out .... maybe not .... no problem either way.

Mwhahahahaha.  <full guteral belly laugh>

Preempting previous work? Political heavy-hitters?  You're joking right?

I went to this meeting and I can assure you I'm not a CLUE heavy weight,
heck I'd bet 90% of CLUE people dont' know who I am. I'm just some
normal grunt who made time to attend. This meeting was advertised
repeatedly, several weeks in advance soas to give people as much time as
possible to plan so that whoever was interested could attend.  It was on
a weekday because some people were not able to attend during the
weekend.  If you chose not to attend, that's your decision, but you have
_zero_ right to complain of the outcome.  Eventually you have to fish or
cut bait.

Look folks, this is just a website, non-technical people do this every
day.  We're not creating a new form of government. Get over yourselves.

CLUE has spent ~3 weeks on something a high school student could have
done in an evening. (~3 months if you consider Crawford's issues.) I'm
not familiar with bluehost and I don't care. I know CLUE folks love
repeatedly talking about the same thing over and over and over and over
and over and over, rather than actually doing anything but I for one, am
_VERY_ happy that someone finally made a decision and we can move
forward. (Actually 6 people came to a consensus.)  Now, the question is,
will there be follow through or will the whiners start complaining loud
enough to stop everything and we'll continue on in the current position?
  I'm hoping and rooting for actual progress, but the force is strong
with the whiners and complainers on this list.

Is anyone in CLUE actually interested in doing something as opposed to
just talking about doing something (or whining,complaining)?