[clue] [TECH] Forth and Dreamplug

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Mon Jun 6 16:40:14 MDT 2011

#1   My buddy ( Dennis Kathrens ) and I are adding things to a GuruPlug.
We connected a USB C901 webcam ( HD ) to the GuruPlug and served video using Palantir.
For some reason ( not yet determined ) , the webcam would not be recognized if it was connected through a USB hub.

Now we are wading through the process of getting Python , OpenCV ( or perhaps ROS ) to play nice together.  Once this happens , we will code some computer vision algorithms:
==  to count small objects ( pills )
==  to recognize the borders of documents that have been imaged and trim the images
==  to examine the document image for barcodes ( 1D and 2D ) and extract info as metadata.
==  control the universe   ( this is a long term effort )

#2  I am working on getting Forth running on the Wiznet W7100 ..... or maybe LUA instead .... then I will have small modules that can hang on the ethernet network and accept code downloads.

My intention is to FLOSS all of the accomplishments and also try to make a buck as well.  I am always interested in collaborating.  I love what Sparkfun in Boulder, CO has done.  Maybe I can get something of a similar flavor going.

99guspuppet