[clue] [TALK] Ultimate home for the CLUE Website

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Wed Jun 8 11:56:24 MDT 2011

>> On Jun 8, 2011, at 11:18 AM, Raymond DeRoo wrote:
>>
>> Shawn--
>>
>>> If you JUST did it, then you caught me upgrading drupal to 7.2.
>>
>> The time stamps are included in my prompts. The eight out difference between them is my laptop vs my server. Interestingly my laptop in the Nederlands had a better response time than that of my server in Arvada ( Comcast ).
>>
>>> However, I've a couple 6.x drupals on this host and they are nowhere near this slow.
>>
>> There where major changes between 6 and 7, have you enabled memcached caching rather than MySQL?
>>
>>> I'm going to take one more attempt to get it working happily, but that will have to wait til later today.
>>
>> Sure thing. I'm not opposed to people willing to try and get this working. Though as a few others have noted, this has been *MONTHS* in process and the club sill has little to show in the way of we functioning website. Truthfully, the old once performed much better than what we have seen thus far. As the site has now been on two different servers, I have a hard time believing this is a "hardware issue" and really just feel that drupal is the wrong choice.
>>
>> .r

This effort is not taxing CLUE members one thin dime.  It is not draining the treasury.  The people working on it are doing so because they want to.  The old website performs so much more poorly than the Drupal test site.... it is laughable,   The current site has no forums, no books , no calendar, ...........  I am not interested in giving those features up.  Raymond.... instead of sniping at the effort going on .... why don't you come up with a superior ( and working ) alternative ?  I would be excited to test it.  If you want to stick with the current , static site...... you got your wish ..... for now............. the static site keeps chugging ( boringly ) along.
99guspuppet