[clue] Server and Drupal team news

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:55:17 MDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 1:02 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
> I agree only if someone is willing to steer. That's not me. I'm an Indian.
> If no one is willing to steer, we should pay for another month, because it takes much longer to get anyplace with 8 or more hands on the wheel.

Indians are welcome. Dennis and I (and anyone else who wants to get
there feet wet) will steer. The basic problem is: we have waited too
long in the project to discuss things like mailman and the cutover of
controls for the domain and DNS, topics for which I have little
knowledge (always happy to learn). Unless someone who understands
these topics well can step up yesterday, I see no way around extending
the VPSlink contract until we can plan and execute an orderly
transition.

The 8 hands at the wheel notion is a little bit over the top. As a
club, we have always tried to reach a consensus. It's only a short
time since we were accused of running a dictatorship, for $DEITY's
sake. If you will remember, we reached a consensus, formulated a plan,
executed the plan, and extended the plan. Each step was pretty much
one person at the wheel.

In your terms, each step of what remains to be done needs an Indian at
the wheel. Dennis and I (and certain others) have done a great deal,
but we can't do it all ourselves.

--
Collins Richey