[clue] Mailman

Brad Morgan b-morgan at concentric.net
Thu Jun 16 18:51:34 MDT 2011

> Since Roy (keeper of the domain and dns controls) needs about 2 weeks
> notice to transfer things, I think we are already beyond the point
> where this can be done before early July.

I don't understand why it takes 2 weeks. I've done DNS cutovers in a day.
The TTL on the existing entries needs to be set low, like 1200 (twenty
minutes) or less. The rest is just pulling the trigger when ready.

This assumes that the DNS isn't part of the VPSlink contract. If it is, then
it needs to move to its new home but retain the old values until the trigger
is ready to be pulled. A little more complicated, but not that difficult.

Regards,

Brad