[clue] Mailman

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 19:00:54 MDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Brad Morgan <b-morgan at concentric.net> wrote:

> I don't understand why it takes 2 weeks. I've done DNS cutovers in a day.
> The TTL on the existing entries needs to be set low, like 1200 (twenty
> minutes) or less. The rest is just pulling the trigger when ready.

I agree that it shouldn't take that amount of time, but that's the
report (third hand). This is all part and parcel of the problems with
our site. Individuals have control of pieces, and (almost) no one else
has any knowledge of the pieces. We wind up waiting for Godot on so
many things.

> This assumes that the DNS isn't part of the VPSlink contract.

I don't believe it is, but I can't say for sure. Are you beginning to
get the picture?

--
Collins Richey