[clue] Speed of Domain changes

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Fri Jun 17 18:49:59 MDT 2011

> On Jun 17, 2011, at 6:15 PM, Collins Richey wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:47 AM, YES NOPE9 <yes at nope9.com> wrote:
>> Thank you Roy for keeping the domain.
>> If it takes two weeks to make changes, then the control of the domain should be moved to others.
>> 72 hours is a reasonable time to accomplish a DNS change.  More than one person can be authorized to accomplish this.
>
> This is really a red herring at the moment. We need to work on getting
> the site ready. Dennis has already notified Roy to be prepared to move
> the domain when we reach a decision.
>
> --
> Collins Richey
>      If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries
>      of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.

No red, white or blue herrings here.
It is possible to do things in parallel.

DNS
There is no reason ( unless it is a political reason ) not to get the DNS situation sorted out and working better now.  I can do it.  Other CLUE bees can do it.  I can set it up so that several CLUE bees can share responsibility.  Then the DNS can be updated quickly. This effort will have NO impact on getting the other parts done.  If Roy wants to keep the domain name for himself..... no problem..... we can pick a new one.  DNS should be controlled by CLUE.  Doing so does NOT reflect any negatives on Roy.  In the past DNS has been a bottle-neck.

Website
If Dennis P. is dealing with the website ........ Then where is it going to live for the next few months ?  Do you need money from the treasury ?  If Dennis is too busy .... then call on the worker bees.

Mail-list   ( Mailman ? )
I have total confidence in Chris H. handling moving Mailman.  I presume Mailman will continue to be the mailing list solution..... or is it going to be something else long term ?   Once again I volunteer to be a doo-bee.  Just give me the buzz.  Where is the mail-list going to live ?

By the way...... I reported everything that was said at the Server meetings I attended.  I kept nothing private that was technical.

This can all happen by June 27.

99guspuppet