[clue] Speed of Domain changes

rjohnston at denverinternet.com rjohnston at denverinternet.com
Fri Jun 17 23:27:26 MDT 2011

On June 17, 2011 at 6:49 PM YES NOPE9 <yes at nope9.com> wrote:

> DNS
> There is no reason ( unless it is a political reason ) not to get the DNS
> situation sorted out and working better now.  I can do it.  Other CLUE bees
> can do it.  I can set it up so that several CLUE bees can share
> responsibility.  Then the DNS can be updated quickly. This effort will have NO
> impact on getting the other parts done.  If Roy wants to keep the domain name
> for himself..... no problem..... we can pick a new one.  DNS should be
> controlled by CLUE.  Doing so does NOT reflect any negatives on Roy.  In the
> past DNS has been a bottle-neck.
and a correction,
i dont keep the domain, i purchased it for club use back when we had less money
than now. believe it or not, from time to time cluebies leave or drop out,
sometimes taking logins or equipment with them. but i'm eminently certain that
i'm not going anywhere. i'm not aware of when dns was a bottle-neck, but if it
was because i missed a request - then i was remiss.  but this is just the
registry listing of the authoritative server.  i have in the past done the BIND
on the server - but haven't since the 1st time jed was web guru.

perhaps this is my own umbrage at being excluded from being considered as part
of CLUE - but until now we've not had levels of belonging.
i can tell you that although i can't currently do what i have in the past, which
has included the website, donating various equipment, including two of the
previous web servers, and paying for the meeting room for a few years - i still
feel like i'm part of CLUE.

and even though most of the group that was CLUE when we were meeting at smoky
hill hs, when i became involved  may not come on tuesdays (with the possible
exception of david holz) most of us are still on the list, and still feel like
we belong.