[clue] Speed of Domain changes

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Fri Jun 17 23:39:05 MDT 2011

> On Jun 17, 2011, at 11:27 PM, rjohnston at denverinternet.com wrote:
>
> On June 17, 2011 at 6:49 PM YES NOPE9 <yes at nope9.com> wrote:
>
>> DNS
>> There is no reason ( unless it is a political reason ) not to get the DNS
>> situation sorted out and working better now.  I can do it.  Other CLUE bees
>> can do it.  I can set it up so that several CLUE bees can share
>> responsibility.  Then the DNS can be updated quickly. This effort will have NO
>> impact on getting the other parts done.  If Roy wants to keep the domain name
>> for himself..... no problem..... we can pick a new one.  DNS should be
>> controlled by CLUE.  Doing so does NOT reflect any negatives on Roy.  In the
>> past DNS has been a bottle-neck.
> and a correction,
> i dont keep the domain, i purchased it for club use back when we had less money
> than now. believe it or not, from time to time cluebies leave or drop out,
> sometimes taking logins or equipment with them. but i'm eminently certain that
> i'm not going anywhere. i'm not aware of when dns was a bottle-neck, but if it
> was because i missed a request - then i was remiss.  but this is just the
> registry listing of the authoritative server.  i have in the past done the BIND
> on the server - but haven't since the 1st time jed was web guru.
>
> perhaps this is my own umbrage at being excluded from being considered as part
> of CLUE - but until now we've not had levels of belonging.
> i can tell you that although i can't currently do what i have in the past, which
> has included the website, donating various equipment, including two of the
> previous web servers, and paying for the meeting room for a few years - i still
> feel like i'm part of CLUE.
>
> and even though most of the group that was CLUE when we were meeting at smoky
> hill hs, when i became involved  may not come on tuesdays (with the possible
> exception of david holz) most of us are still on the list, and still feel like
> we belong.

I never said .... nor did I ever think that you were not part of CLUE.  Not even for a millisecond.  Whoever shows up and wants to play with other CLUE members is a CLUE person forever.  IMHO    Being a member of CLUE is different than being CLUE.  CLUE is everyone who is a CLUE member.

99guspuppet

I am laughing right now because among other things ..... I have been accused of being racist ...... because I have no interest in labeling people according to the way they dress, reflect light or comb their hair.  I only label them according to their actions........ or at least that is always my intention.