[clue] website is faster

Dan Kulinski daniel at kulinski.net
Wed May 18 08:55:17 MDT 2011

Should a missing index cause the page loads to take a matter of seconds?
Unless this is a very large database I would be surprised to have it cause
that much of a delay.  There are ways in MySQL to log abnormally long
queries and is probably a good idea to investigate.

Is the disk I/O per hit just Apache logging or is it much more significant?

As for the Apache configuration, ChunkHost is allowing free beta testing of
their 512MB VPS services.  It may be worthwhile to have one setup, a
configuration setup and tested on this server and then that configuration
moved back to the production server.

Dan Kulinski