[clue] latest website status

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed May 18 20:05:55 MDT 2011

FYI,

At about 4PM today we encountered an OOM condition (OOM killer begain
killing off memory hog processes). One of the services to die was
mysqld. If any of you tried to access the website after that time you
got a fatal error message due to the database being down.

Operation has now been restored. I've also removed all extraneous
unused websites from the apache configuration, and the swap load
appears to be much lower now (70K vs. 320K+ before), and, of course,
the page load times are now much faster.

Some of the admin team will probably be meeting on Saturday to review
the situation. If you are interested in participating and have
something to contribute, let Dennis know. I will not be attending -
leaving Saturday for a week's vacation.

I'll continue to monitor the system the next few days.

--
Collins Richey