[clue] [EVENT] What do we have to do to be ready for MadDog in August ?

Bruce Ediger bediger at stratigery.com
Mon May 23 08:39:59 MDT 2011

On Mon, 23 May 2011, Jon "maddog" Hall wrote:

> I prefer ales over porters and stouts, bitters are fine and beers that
> are hoppy are good.  Wheat beers on a hot summer day are refreshing.
>
> Craft breweries/brewpubs where they brew their own beers and have
> "samplers" are often, but not always, good.

Well, if you're looking for such a brewery near the hosting.com
place, you want Breckinridge Brewery at 4th and Kalamath.  They
seem to specialize in ales, and have wheat beers and seasonal beers.

> I have also developed a fondness for single-malt scotch from the island
> of Islay....since you can sip a 1/2 oz "taste" of scotch for hours.  I
> have been known to simply smell a good scotch for an hour before tasting
> it the first time.

In that case, I recommend "Pint's Pub" at 13th and Bannock.  Not all
that far from the hosting.com location,