[clue] Webserver's purpose

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 13:54:06 MDT 2011

on the question of performance, does the site's current (or future) traffic
justify the hardware on which it currently runs?

what data is stored on the site that requires its own box?  Besides, I'd expect
the weakest link is not in the server configuration, but in the application
stack of whatever is running on the server.

now, if there's software that needs to be run that is not allowed in shared
hosting environment, then that's certainly a good reason for using a VPS.  But
given the size of the site and the lack of sensitive information, performance
and security are weak arguments in favor of a VPS.