[clue] [TALK] I have been told ( privately ) to shut my face.

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon May 30 10:39:01 MDT 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 9:45 AM,  <dennisjperkins at comcast.net> wrote:

I don't have any problems with you making decisions, but I find it
unacceptable for anyone to tell a contributing member to "shut up and
go away". Obviously, such misfires are not under your control. You'd
think that some people could find more adult ways of expressing their
opinions.

> Mark Harvey is looking at the logs.  We had a lot of segmentation faults and
> kill failure messages after we switched.  I don't know why because what
> you did should have lessened the load.  Memory does seem to be the
> problem. Alex Llera took a look at what could be done to optimize the
> server and  offered suggestions.  It might be a good idea to do a VM with
> only 256MB and see if it has problems.

I'm still of the opinion that available memory is a major part of the
problem. Given the newness of drupal7, I doubt that anyone has really
checked out the performance/bugs when running with a minimal memory
configuration. Either the problems are endemic with Drupal7 (memory
leaks) , or they will disappear when running with more memory. I seem
to remember reading that Chris Fedde experienced a lot fewer problems
with drupal7 and more memory. The more I read about drupal7, the more
I believe that it is indeed a memory hog (confirmed by many drupal
experts).

> We will have another server meeting this Thursday evening.

> Suggested hosting providers at this time are  Rackspace, Amazon and
> Bluehost.  Personally, my preference at this time  is Bluehost.

Cost is indeed important, but we need more memory if we continue down
the chosen path. See you there.

--
Collins Richey