[clue] [Politics] Internet Censorship

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:25:45 MST 2011

Trolls can be entertaining in a daytime court-tv sort of way, and besides,
I don't mind that Torren has some unusual opinions about linux;  He isn't
ENTIRELY wrong in a larger macro sense.  Violence is very much a part of
human history - always has been. However, that doesn't make it any less
creepy and it certainly doesn't mean that's the way it should be, just that
it's the way it WAS.  Do you suppose that Occupy would be as much in the
news as it has been if the police hadn't cracked down?  If it wasn't in the
news, would people still be talking about it?   If people weren't talking
about it, would the democrats still be trying to form their 2012 strategy
around it?  (Citing it as evidence that public opinion has shifted against
conservatives and the tea-party?)

Look at egypt for example.  That was hailed as a largely peaceful example
of "regime change".   Fast forward 12 months, and quell surpris'!   They're
RIGHT BACK in tharir square again!

The only point I'm trying to make is that I don't think excluding violence
from the discussion based on the morality of it is practical. However, that
doesn't make the idea of town hall meetings in Torren's district any less
...spooky. If you have to go, get a place by/near the door.

Bean