[clue] [Politics] What is a troll ? What is trolling ?

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:57:35 MST 2011

#1   It is okay to kill people in other countries without a trial.

(morally or legally?   I would argue that it's never morally OK, but some
countries do have dramatically different legal systems.  Look at this stuff
going on with Norway's bomber (for example.)  Norway found him criminally
insane, he'll never stand trial.  Mental hospital, re-evaluated every 3
years.

#2   "Bad" people or foreigners do not deserve the protection of the US
legal system.

(that's kind of hard to get my head around - it really depends on how you
define a bad person.  I do honestly believe that illegal immigrants should
probably be tried according to the country of their laws of origin, but I
don't necessarily immediately qualify them as bad people.)

#3   If the russians build a wall it is bad...   If the US builds a wall,
it is okay.

(isn't this a little cold-war esque?   I think I'm with you on this one.
It strikes me as flawed logic.

#4   US soldiers are heroes  .... fighters in other countries are
terrorists.

(Well, that's really relative.   To me, it's one thing to participate in an
organized military of an elected government and another to just pick up a
gun and start shooting at people who disagree with you at the time.)

#5   War is a glorious enterprise.

(OK, that's just....  Yea, 100% behind you on that one.   People who think
war is glorious probably haven't had any exposure to it in any way.  Either
that or they're just completely naive beyond all excuse.)

Bean