[clue] Monitoring web surfing

Jason Friedman jason at powerpull.net
Thu Oct 13 17:22:30 MDT 2011

>> I have a couple of children in the house whose web activity I want to
>> monitor.  Specifically, I want to know which web sites they visit.  I
>> have told them I will do this.
>>
> Will using OpenDns' Command Central meet your needs?
> http://www.opendns.com/home/commandcentral

I signed up.  It produces a  list of domains that my modem has
resolved for someone in this house.  Other than the fact that my
family apparently visits a lot of websites, making review somewhat
tedious, this is a great solution.

It provides settings that they say will filter, for example,
pornography.  I might try those, though I worry about not being able
to reach legitimate sites.