[clue] ESI LInux

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Apr 2 18:11:19 MDT 2012

Glenda Willis wrote:
> I am working with a government customer that says they need ESI Linux systems administration
> help.  I found VMWare ESXI and Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server and even found an article
> referencing "Enterprise Software Initiative" by the DoD.

DoD's ESI is an acquisition system for software licenses.  The only hits they have for Linux are for
buying Red Hat licenses.

So I think you have to look at the context and if it seems likely that they mean "the Linux we
bought from ESI" then that's Red Hat.

If the context seems that ESI is a technology then I'd more likely bet on VMWare or something else.

I know it's a headache but perhaps you can ask them to clarify?