[clue] Well, why the heck not?

Dan Kulinski daniel at kulinski.net
Wed Apr 4 14:47:28 MDT 2012

I would think age old convention is why this setup continues to prevail.
One thing about automounting home directories is the fact that you may not
be able to use the useradd facility to create the home directory.  What I
most often see is a script that invokes useradd on the NIS server and then
runs commands on the home file server to create the requisite directory
with files from /etc/skel and then makes the proper permission changes.

Dan