[clue] social engineering

Chris Ernst penguin-guy at comcast.net
Fri Apr 27 15:35:28 MDT 2012

On 04/27/2012 12:25 PM, David L. Willson wrote:
> That was excellent. I just got a call from Nigeria or something.
>
> "Sor, dere's a prooblem wid your computer..."

HA!  I got the same call a couple of weeks ago.  I decided to play along
and be a stupid as possible to waste as much of his time as I possibly
could.  A manual tar pit, if you will....

I was asking questions like "Where's the start button?", "Won't that
turn of my computer?", "Wait... do mean the power button?", "How do you
spell 'www'"....

After about 5 minutes of me trying not to laugh and him getting
extremely frustrated, I think he finally figured out that I was just
screwing with him.  Suddenly he just said "I think you waste my time"
and hung up.

	- Chris