[clue] A Christmas present for CLUE.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Dec 24 19:29:56 MST 2012

If you find CLUE to be a useful organization please donate a few dollars to keep our server running
using the donation button at http://cluedenver.org/

Donations go through David Willson, please include a comment that the funds are for CLUE.

We run the server on a VPS that enables us to host the web site and mailing list, and those are
necessary to arrange our meetings and installfests.  We've collected money various ways in the past
and those funds are almost gone so it's time to pass the hat again.  Besides this virtual hat, we
may pass a real hat at meetings if we need to.

There's some interest in the group in replacing our VPS with "basement hosting" where instead of
distributing a financial burden among members we'll distribute the infrastructure burden (Internet,
RAM, CPU, storage) among the members.  That's almost certainly less economically efficient but
provides some value that a VPS does not.

If we don't get money to continue the VPS, we'll start transitioning away from it.  If we do get
money that doesn't preclude us from experimenting with alternatives.  So if you're interested in the
basement hosting idea, ask me and we'll put together a list of features we probably need.

In any event, have a merry Christmas!