[clue] [On Topic - Linux] Latest PCLinuxOS KDE release

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 10:12:58 MST 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Charles W Downing
<chuckdowning at earthlink.net> wrote:
> In regard to your last paragraph, does PCLinuxOS have anything like
> Linux Mint's "Mint Update"?  That program seems to be what keeps LMDE
> and other Mints up-to-date.  It can be configged to check for updates as
> little as 15 minutes to once every several days.

PCL offers synaptic as the gui update manager. I'm old-school so I
haven't used it much. At the moment I'm running from a livecd copy of
my system created by the PCL mylivecd software. I had to suppress my
multi-gig home directory to get a smaller image. When I next reboot.
I'll open synaptic and reply again.

I did note that PCL offers a package called update-notifier that runs
at boot time to offer update recommendations.

A second note: like many distros, PCL does not offer automatically to
update new kernel packages.
--
Collins Richey