[clue] pen tablet

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Mon Feb 13 12:57:09 MST 2012

Hi David,

David L. Willson wrote:
> Anyone out there have a rave for their favorite pen-based tablet input
> device?
>
> I'm looking for something to do on-screen white-boarding when I don't
> have a white-board, or for some other reason, I want to screen-cast,
> and for tweaking graphics, and such.
>
> I'm considering going ghetto, and using paper, ink, and a video-camera
> cabled to the computer, but it seems so ... ghetto.
>
> Also, considering Wacom bamboo and this thing here:
> http://www.amazon.com/Cyberpad-8-5X11-Black-Digital-Notepad/dp/B000C42MLE
>
> So, I'm basically looking for your input and opinions. I want to keep
> it simple, but I own a video-camera already, so that solution comes at
> a discount.
Depending on how much money you have to spend on this "solution" you
could get a Smart Board or something like that from Smart Technologies,
http://www.smarttech.com/ .  They have interactive displays of varying
sizes with pen inputs, and accompanying collaborative software
application suites.

I've used some of smarttech's stuff and it's very wizzy.  It's also
relatively simple because they already did all of the technology &
software R&D, but perhaps for your purposes it might be too expensive.
Also I'm not sure if their applications will run on Linux.

Jim

--
Jim Ockers, P.E., P.Eng. (ockers at ockers.net)
Contact info: http://www.ockers.net/msi.html