[clue] 501(c)3

F.L. Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Fri Feb 17 07:37:06 MST 2012

A form 990N e-Postcard is required as long as your receipts are under a
threshold.  It's been $25,000 for many years, however, our user-group
treasurer commented last night that he'd filed the informational return and
affirmed our receipts were under $50,000.  I don't know if that was just a
casual remark.  I haven't e-filed a return yet for another 501(c)(3) where
I'm managing director.  It will also be an informational 990N.

You also need to file an annual report with the state.  I don't find that
CLUE Denver has legal standing in Colorado, but maybe there's another named
entity.  Asking for donations also with no caveat as to whether such are/are
not tax deductible.  Hmmm. Your vendor support might also improve with some
tax deduction opportunity.

Frank