[clue] Gaming

Dan Kulinski daniel at kulinski.net
Sun Feb 19 08:00:07 MST 2012

I think you are looking at the wrong boardgames then.  My wife, friends and
I play plenty of games that are less than 2 hours in length and offer many
different types of game play.  Most of the time the rules take 10 to 15
minutes to learn and strategy, well that can take a few plays.  Some of
these games also reduce the amount of randomness in a game so it is much
more about the play of the players than luck determining the winner of a
game.

An example of these types of games are:
* Carcassonne
* Settlers of Catan
* Puerto Rico
* Ticket To Ride

Of course there are many many boardgames out there that are very complex
and not "party" friendly.  You will notice a couple of the games in my list
above are now carried by Target and Walmart.

I find boardgaming an excellent way to spend time with family and friends.
By all means, if you tire of some of the old staples of boardgames, and
don't get me started on Monopoly, check out some I listed up above.  Ticket
to Ride is an especially family friendly game for all ages and usually
takes about an hour to finish.  For those die hard strategy fans, give
Puerto Rico a try.

Dan Kulinski