[clue] more musings about PCLinuxOS

rex evans rexfordevans at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 04:47:13 MST 2012

I am having some good results with Ubuntu 10.04: VLC video/flash player
is playing DVD's, for the first time. My U 8.04 Firefox Flash was not
a problem: I could even copy some videos. With U 10.04, Firefox, Flashgot, I can copy about 99% of what I want.

I think: within Firefox, you can install different flash-type readers,
so maybe other browsers, like chromium, can do this as well.
I have often made updates to Firefox, indepently of the Ubuntu Update
Manager.
One Firefox-Add-on stops all flash videos, until I explicitly start
(each) one. Being on dial-up, I especially like this. Most videos
are junk-ads, so I never start them.

Why do you like chromium browsers, Collins or anyone?
(I am looking for an alternate browser.)

Rex