[clue] more musings about PCLinuxOS

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 19:55:12 MST 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 4:47 AM, rex evans <rexfordevans at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am having some good results with Ubuntu 10.04: VLC video/flash player
> is playing DVD's, for the first time.

Good to hear. I don't personally want Ubuntu, but it works great for a
lot of folks.

> I think: within Firefox, you can install different flash-type readers,
> so maybe other browsers, like chromium, can do this as well.

> Why do you like chromium browsers, Collins or anyone?
> (I am looking for an alternate browser.)

Nothing especially. I just got used to using it. One plus: you key in
google searches in the regular uri area, and chromium does the right
thing if it's not a real uri. One minus, I don't like the way chromium
handles pdfs, but then I never spent much time looking for a solution.
Another plus: you don't have to set the font size permanently. If
something is the wrong size, you just click on the tool icon and then
the + or - to zoom the page on the fly.

Rotsa ruck!

--
Collins Richey