[clue] revisiting boot partition and LVM + grub

Tue Feb 21 14:36:34 MST 2012

As I understand it, as of GRUB 2, there is no longer a limitation that /boot reside on a simple partition.

Specifically, I believe /boot can be on an md (software RAID) or an LV now.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
RHCE MCT MCSE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freedom is better when you earn it. Learn Linux.