[clue] revisiting boot partition and LVM + grub

Aaron D. Johnson adj at fnord.greeley.co.us
Tue Feb 21 17:02:54 MST 2012

Will writes:
> Fedora switched from Grub Legacy to Grub 2 in Fedora 16.  There
> should be nothing holding back a fresh install from not having /boot
> on the same logical volume as /.

Yep.  Does the F16 Anaconda let one create an LVM volume group, create
/boot on a logical volume, and then install grub with the modules
needed to boot from it?  Does Kickstart have enough knobs to make it
work?  Or is manual intervention required?  (Clearly, I haven't tried
this.  The single Fedora machine I have was installed with F15 and
then "yum distrosync"ed to F16.)

- Aaron