[clue] musings about pclinuxos lxde

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 12:17:42 MST 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Dan <cerberus at dividebyfail.org> wrote:
> I was under the impression from the last time i installed libreoffice at least under archlinux that if you did libreoffice in pieces that java was no longer a dependency as long as you didn't use the meta package. Did that change under pclinuxos or libreoffice, or did you just grab the meta package? Just curious :-)
> Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad

You're probably right, but the standard tool that pclos uses to
install libreoffice still installs java. It's a one-click installer
function - totally painless.That's no big deal for me, since you get
all the menus updated and the firefox java plugin free gratis, and
that is useful for some websites.

--
Collins Richey