[clue] Cory Doctorow - war on general computing [talk]

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 06:43:07 MST 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUEvRyemKSg

Cory D. has an interesting keynote making the rounds on you tube, if you
have a couple extra cycles, I suggest a listen.  Mileage may vary,
depending on your feelings on Cory, but I tend to think he's right more
often then he's wrong. He's essentially arguing that because you can't
build a PC that will do only lawful things, that will inevitably (and are
already seeing) A rise in what amounts to appliances and computers with
spyware pre-installed.

Bean