[clue] Installfest .... sorry if I am stepping on toes

M Paul Webb hsechmvt at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 06:57:03 MST 2012

When I am working on my computer at McDonalds, I always meet people who want to know about Linux, seeing me use it. They become very interested. If I could hand them a map on where the install fest is and write on it the date and time, I think very likely they would show up. Could you post a simple map somewhere on a website, that people could print up from time to time, and write the place and location on it. If these could be passed out, I think a lot more people would become interested. Or maybe, the date and time could be put on the map and just updated.

I could offer to install Linux on these people's computers myself, but I've only ever done it on my own computers -- and what if something weird happened? So I would prefer they go to an install fest where there are a lot of great minds, you know.

Anyone in business knows, just a little advertising goes a long way, and no advertising goes nowhere. Getting out the location with directions, date, and time is the key.