[clue] Update On SOPA/PIPA: Should we join the Strike !?!

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Wed Jan 18 07:42:54 MST 2012

Folks:

EFF and other concerned organizations are sponsoring an info web page on the SOPA / PIPA** legislation:
<http://sopacountdown.com/>

Along with that link the groups sent plug-ins and links to a plug-in for Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc. that make it very easy to take your site dark in solidarity with the January 18 (midnight to midnight EST) protest that is being undertaken by many prominent internet entities and organizations.

A few LUGs around the US are redirecting their traffic at for the period of the strike to:
<http://sopastrike.com/strike>

I would urge similar on behalf of LUGs and businesses that participate in the LUGs as a way of showing support against SOPA and PIPA legislation.  Just my personal perspective and thoughts here.

Regards,

Crawford Rainwater
CEO and President

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.