[clue] [ADMIN] Odds and end's

Dennis J Perkins dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Sat Jan 21 21:42:13 MST 2012

I looked at a number of companies that host cheap websites.  Some of them are
known to suddenly shut down a website for arbitrary violations.  I also looked
for one that would let us host  a mailing list.  Many do not and the ones that
do allow only a limited amount of messages per hour.  A discussion would hit
those limits.

Google has Gmail, but I don't know if it provides the sort of mailing list
capability that we need.  Can it automatically handle people subscribing?  Can
it handle CLUE's domain name?  Are there limits in how many emails that can be
sent in an hour?

An alternative would be to use forums instead, which Drupal can handle, but a
number of members don't like forums and want email.