[clue] [ADMIN] Odds and end's

Dan Kulinski daniel at kulinski.net
Sat Jan 21 22:20:50 MST 2012

Personally I'd love to see the website updated and a little more modern.
The current CLUE website looks old enough that I nearly consider it
abandoned when I check it out.

I have a VPS with ServInt and I would be willing to trial a Drupal site on
the VPS.  No charge to CLUE. I would be willing to learn to administer the
software as I have seen the name come up more than once.

Hopefully someone can answer these questions:

   - What version of Drupal are you considering deploying?
   - My VPS is CentOS 5.7, what considerations need to be made for the
   mentioned Drupal version?
   - I have a 768MB memory instance, what was the observed memory
   consumption during previous trials?

Here is how I would propose to setpu the account:

   - Root would not be granted to the CLUE user account
   - Sudo rights to restart the apache services would be granted
   - Backups would be the responsibility of the CLUE web team (ServInt
   would provide an on-site backup in case of emergency)

I have some proficiency in MySQL and am pretty proficient in Apache setup
and maintenance.  As I said I would like to learn Drupal as it is an
interesting platform to me.

Let me know what you think.

Dan Kulinski