[clue] Website software

M Paul Webb hsechmvt at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 08:48:34 MST 2012

One thing about reading these e-mails I do not understand, and I wish someone would make it clear. Why does your website have to be Drupal? Why not just a simple CSS and HTML? I always use a text editor and I like Linux's Gedit just fine. However, I do have a couple Windows partitions, and I just bought a copy of Serif WebPlus off e-bay. It looks neat from the Yahoo videos. Normally, I do not like a GUI (like DreamWeaver), but this might be something, and it has templates, and making the site is set up just like DTP software. So, why not consider something like that? I've been meaning to look at it. And Serif called me last month and let me know they are now working on Linux versions of their software; (and no, it does not bother me at all to pay for a Linux program, if it is good -- and I use PagePlus a lot).

Another question -- what forum software will you use? I think phpBB works just fine, and it is free. There is a virtual server that works just fine in Linux for testing it (if you know how to be root to get the forum in it). If you want to color the icons, I can make that easier, and I know most of the code lines for coloring the whole forum. However, one must make sure the host has the server compatible with the htacess file, or the CAPTCHAs are outdated and the forum will be spammed.

For information, account preferences, or to unsubscribe see: