[clue] [tech] Where to download linux 2.4.33 and other old kernels not from kernel.org?

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Mon Jan 30 16:03:55 MST 2012

Hi CLUEbies,

Does anyone out there have any suggestions where to get 2.4.33-3 Linux
kernel source?

I find myself trying to update a network card device driver for an
embedded system (actually, several hundred of them) which is running
Linux 2.4.33-3 kernel on i386.  I think the distribution is based on Red
Hat 7.2.  The original developer who configured/compiled this kernel was
a contractor and the source code and all his work is lost to the sands
of time.  We can't even find the hard drives from his computer.

Normally it would be pretty easy to reconstruct this work, just download
the source from kernel.org and work away.  Unfortunately 2.4.33 is not a
legitimate kernel.org Linux kernel version, and they don't have it.

Any suggestions where I could download it?

Thanks,
Jim

--
Jim Ockers, P.E., P.Eng. (ockers at ockers.net)