[clue] HTPC systems?

Christopher Cross g1ccross at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 00:00:33 MDT 2012

XBMC has been great to me over the years. I ran it on a few of the original
Xbox machines a few years back. Now I run it on an atom dual core net top
with the nvidia ion graphics chip on top of a minimal Ubuntu 10.04
install. It works with a Windows Media Center remote but I mostly use an
android device with the XBMC app to control it over the network (the app is
very cool). All of my DVDs, Blu-Rays, and CDs are ripped and shared over
Samba from a CentOS 6 server up in my office.

I have to say that XBMC is great. The way it presents media with all sorts
of cool metadata is awesome. The only thing that it is missing as far as I
am concerned is Netflix. This is a Netflix problem more than anything. I
have given up on cable a few years back so this is a feature that I think
would be great.

Christopher Cross
g1ccross at gmail.com
(310)536-6392