[clue] Asus PadFone (was: Google Nexus tablet)

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Sat Jul 21 12:33:26 MDT 2012

----- Brian Gibson <bwg1974 at yahoo.com> wrote: -----

> | On the other hand, they can be a great companion to your wireless
> | network at home or work.
>
> This is the niche.? I have my phone when on the go.? I have my laptop
> when I need to do work.? Currently, when I want to purely consume
> data, I typically grab what's available, be it my phone or tablet,
> but I find the phone screen too small when couch surfing and I find
> the laptop too bulky to swing around.? Though the pain threshold has
> not quite reached the tipping point of putting some money down on a
> tablet, I can see its utility.

Why not then opt for the international version of the Asus PadFone or wait for the US version (AT&T I believe has dibs on being the provider FWIW)?  You have the option of a smartphone that goes into a tablet screen (10" though vs. the Google Nexus being 7") that also have the option of being docked with a keyboard (I believe it is a Chinese/English hybrid currently for the international one at this time) for a netbook.  Three independent batteries (smartphone, tablet, and keyboard) as well.

Asus' web page with the technical specifications can be found at

http://www.asus.com/Mobile/PadFone/

Just another idea for those in a similar situation as Brian mentioning above. ;-)

--- Crawford
PS: Yes, I have an angle on getting the "whole kit" (e.g., smartphone, tablet, and keyboard with the Bluetooth stylus/headset + another battery) for ~$1k + S/H (2 year warranty an extra $150).  Email me directly if this is something of interest.

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.