[clue] Web Hosting Question

Dan Kulinski daniel at kulinski.net
Tue Jun 19 13:49:58 MDT 2012

You are going to create a photography site, that is just fine.  I would
avoid Frontpage, it creates horrible non-conforming code these days and I
am not sure of recent web servers that are compatible with the extensions.

As for your deployment OS, that is a choice of what environment you are
most comfortable in.  You can certainly have a static site to server
photos, you can also make a dynamic site which will require a DB back end.
 MySQL is available in both Windows and Linux.

If this is a completely custom site you may want to take advantage of a
framework (Django, Ruby on Rails, CakePHP, Asp.NET) to get started quickly
and have that dynamic back end.

Make sure you can define your requirements, what platform you want to use
and that should lead you to an answer of the platform.  I don't have any
suggestions for hosting or registrars.  I use GoDaddy for my registrar and
I host my sites on a ServInt VPS.

Dan Kulinski