[clue] Google Nexus tablet

Dan Kulinski daniel at kulinski.net
Sat Jun 30 10:06:46 MDT 2012

The Nexus 7 has USB On The Go support, so with an adapter you can connect
external storage.

However, I have discussed the missing SD slot with colleagues and I believe
the reason is that Google can guarantee a certain level of performance from
local flash whereas loading apps and media from low quality external
storage will cause delays that would compromise the user experience.  I am
sure Apple does the same thing for similar reasons.

As for the reviews, it looks pretty good.  The  Verge has a great review
and is very informed.  The conclusion states that at the price point the
Nexus 7 is the best tablet purchase.  It buries the Kindle Fire and the
Nook Tablet.  The screen is great with wide viewing angles.  The biggest
complaint is the lack of breadth of entertainment available in the Google
Play store.

Dan