[clue] File Server - URAID or FREENAS

Chris Fedde chris at fedde.us
Thu Mar 1 13:15:50 MST 2012

I tend to fall on the "just use linux" line for this.  I find the NAS
gui to be generally pretty reasonable but they end up being
restrictive in some way and ammount to just another interface I have
to learn to manage it.  I think that it's pretty easy to set up Samba
or NFS depending on what and how you are sharing stuff.  There are
plenty of reasonable howtoo on the net for both of these