[clue] FOSS: Graphics Arts and Designs.

ed ezedtheamerican at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 15:32:57 MST 2012

I will come clean since nobody in CLUE  knows either well enough to do
a class showing how.
I use both and I am semi-skilled in both.
I can produce thousands of frames of animated fire in Blender in
minutes each rendered to individual pixel format files.
In GIMP I can cut paste rotate and use every too in the tool box to some degree.
the difference and advantages of each are program is as follows.
-
GIMP is a 2d layering drawing program that when you activate a command
brigs up an interference dialog box so you cannot continue working on
the image without further interaction between yourself and and the
interface which is now waiting for you to click buttons in the dialog
box.
-
Blender is a 3d layering modeling program that renders images of the
3d models with post-processing through a node base system (which means
one node can turn one layer green and the next node would affect the
previous node while leaving the other layers unaffected)  without an
interference window interface so that you can directly input the
associated variable parameters for each command that you want to
supply but are not mandatory given the influence of a mouse gesture to
affect desired model change thus influencing the final image rendered.
-
basically there are no pop up dialog boxes in Blender to slow you down
for basic commands.
example grab:
if you want to move an item in your model you press the g key and if
you want to restrict the mouse gesture to only moving the item up or
down you press z for z axis and move the mouse click to confirm and
you have a completely new image that you didn't have to recreate like
you would have to in GIMP.
-
the next step is to collate the images into animation and for that I
started using imagemagick.
it has other nice features such as writing text to images with shadows
and what not using any installed font
-
but here comes the kicker the man who thinks I am trolling doesn't
understand that I need expertise in shockwave html document injection
on a server with php and mySQL.